Skip to main content

The Dual Character Inquisition Tag

   Melissa Gravitis @ Quill Pen Writer has tagged me in The Dual Character Inquisition Tag! I'm so excited to participate. Thanks for tagging me, Melissa!




   I've decided to use Wolfe and Clio, my characters from Forsaken, as I've already told you a lot about Endings and his brothers. Here's a quick, rough blurb:

   Wolfe isn't a very good person, but he's on the right side in the raging civil war, and that's all that matters to him. Struggling with PTSD and drug and alcohol addictions, he forces himself to endure and keep fighting - whether fighting is what's best for him or not. All that matters is defeating Claudius and saving the people that Wolfe refuses to admit he cares about.

Clio, Wolfe's best and closest friend since childhood, is desperate to convince him that not only is he worth saving, he CAN be saved, by the One and Only person that matters. Unfortunately, she hasn't yet realized that in trying to push Wolfe closer to God she is actually pushing him away.



   Let's get on with the awesome questions, shall we?

1) Who inspired this character?

Wolfe -- actually, though it sounds ridiculous, the entire story started with a scene I couldn't get out of my head . . . because of a dream I had. Originally, the story was going to be about a teenage girl, but then I realized that it wasn't realistic to have a teenager do all the things they do. So, instead, I bumped the age up to 24 and changed it to a guy . . . because I really liked the name "Wolfe Ryder." I mean, come on! Isn't it great?

Clio -- Clio Hunter was going to be the teenager in the original idea, but instead I changed her to Wolfe's best friend and bumped her age up to 24, too.

2) What is their weapon of choice?

Wolfe -- Wolfe has a trusty Glock that he keeps with him 24/7. If need be, however, he can use any gun you hand to him, and he isn't too terrible with small knives, either.

Clio -- she's trained to handle almost any weapon, but she mostly uses her 9mm pistol.

3) Have they ever been physically violent with someone else? What instigated it?

Wolfe -- He's a soldier, and he was trained to be one from day 1. So . . . yeah.

Clio -- It's the same with Clio. Though she doesn't resort to violence as an answer for everything, she knows how to fight, and when standing up for what she believes in and protecting the people she cares about, she will fight.

4) Are they more of a rule-follower or a rebel?

Wolfe -- I laughed when I read that question, I'll admit it. Wolfe not only works for the rebel cause, he does basically whatever he wants for what he sees as the good of everyone on his side. 

Clio -- Clio is obedient. She follows the rules and does what her superiors tell her -- unless she disagrees with their morals, etc. But, as a soldier, she has to do what she's told and ask questions later. She will always stand up for what she believes to be right, though.

5) What kind of a child were they? Curious? Wild? Quiet? Devious?

Wolfe -- Difficult question to answer. Hmm . . . were he to grow up in normal circumstances, he would have been the wilder type. However, he grew up in a boarding school-like thing called the Training Center. He was forced to conform and act just right, for fear of being punished severely.

Clio -- Clio grew up in the same place Wolfe did, but under less strict circumstances. She was quiet, the kind of kid that was really smart, but didn't gloat about it, and had a small group of friends. She never liked being the center of attention.

6) Where would they go to relax and think?

Wolfe -- his room, where he'd probably clean off and take care of his collection of various weapons. Or to the pub. Depends on his mood. (Usually the pub, though . . .)

Clio -- she always goes to her room, where she can sit down and read her Bible. Grow closer to God and think clearly.

7) Do they have a temper?

Wolfe -- he makes a point to hide all emotions from anyone and everyone. If he had a temper, nobody would know it . . .

Clio -- only if you hit one of her nerves -- something she really cares deeply about. Mess with her sister? She'll blow up on you. Insult her outfit? She doesn't care. All depends on the situation.

8) Would they be more likely to face their fears or run from them?

Wolfe -- face them. He takes pride in that fact, too.

Clio -- she doesn't run and hide, but she does do her best to avoid situations where she would have to face them. She's brave, but she likes being in control.

9) When they are upset, do they turn to other people or isolate themselves?

Wolfe -- Isolate. Isolate 1 million times over. He rarely opens up to people, Clio included.

Clio -- she turns to her friends Aleron and Augusta. They're both Christians, so she knows they can comfort her and give her any advice she needs.

10) Say 3 things about where your character lives (as broad or specific as you like).

Wolfe -- in an underground base in the Dararian territory, hidden from Sloria(the enemy)'s  prying eyes. His room's a good size and holds his weapon collection, but he spends most of his time at the pub.

Clio -- she lives in the same base Wolfe does, a level or so away. The walls of her bedroom are covered with drawings her little sister Blaire did when she was younger, and on her bed is a quilt -- a special gift from a grandmother she never met. She's a hard worker, and that shows through in her room, too, as everything's always neat and tidy.

There you go! A look at Wolfe Ryder and Clio Hunter from Forsaken. I tag, as always, anyone who wants to join in!


What do you think of Forsaken? What do you think of the characters? Who do you feel more intrigued about -- Wolfe, or Clio? Tell me in the comments below, or on my Facebook page Julia Witmer, Author!

Comments

  1. Thanks for joining in on the tag! I had lots of fun reading your answers, and hope to hear more about these characters soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it XD Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Grace's Corner of the World: Why We Won't Be Celebrating Halloween This Year/50th Post

To start off - THIS IS OFFICIALLY MY FIFTIETH POST!!! I'm so excited! Thank all of you for supporting me and reading my blogs, and know that I couldn't have gotten this far without every single one of you. I look forward to seeing you and talking to you more and more as I continue to write these posts! And now onto "Why We Won't Be Celebrating Halloween This Year" . . . A lot of Christians don't celebrate Halloween, and I respect their decision, but I, personally, LOVE Halloween. It's one of my absolute favorite holidays (besides Christmas, which obviously comes first because it's just so amazing). I mean, you get free candy and people don't look at you weird for putting on a costume. I could do a whole post about how weird the idea of Halloween is - I mean, all it is is that you aren't technically trespassing on someone's lawn when you go up to their door and bang on it, begging for sweets while dressed like some sort of fict

Girl Talk: Makeup

I recently got my first tube of lipstick. I was very excited, as I see makeup the same was as I see colored pencils - it's nowhere close to easy, but the process is enjoyable and fun, and it usually turns out pretty in the end (unless I totally mess up and have to start all over). The lipstick I got is a brighter color than I thought it was going to be, but I like it all the same. (lightish style) My little sister doesn't seem too thrilled with the development. Jokingly, she calls it red (although I am CONVINCED it's just a bright/deep pink), and says things like "oh, you don't need it! Why are you wearing it?!"  Since all of her comments are in jest, I take no offense at them. I play along and I laugh, and I pretend to defend myself as if I really care. But the more she does it, the more I realize that girls have to face this in real life all the time. People tell you things like "that color's not good on you" or " way too muc

Sunshine Blogger Tag

Melissa Gravitis tagged me in the Sunshine Blogger Tag! I’m so excited – it’s the first tag that I’ve participated in. Thanks for tagging me, Melissa!     The rules are pretty simple: #1: Answer the 11 questions from your nominee #2: Tag 11 bloggers #3: Ask them 11 new questions I don’t know if you’re as thrilled about this as I am, but I’m too pumped up to stall anymore. Let’s get on with it! 1) Did anything 'spark' your passion (writing, reading, art, etc.) or did it come on gradually?                  It was more of a gradual thing for me. But, I think it was when I began reading that I slowly realized books actually came from somewhere and didn’t just magically appear. Then I decided I could do it, too! 2) If a library was on fire and you could only save three of its books, which three would you choose?      Oh, goodness. I’d probably say 1) Lost Girl of Astor Street , 2) Gregor the Overlander, the Prophecy of Bane , (book 2 in the series. It was