Skip to main content

Character Guest Post: Dreams

 Last time I did a Character Guest Post, we met Endings, but today we’re going to get to know one of his older brothers, Dreams. (If you want to see what inspired these posts, check out Melissa Gravitis’s Character Guest Post over at her blog.)

Thanks so much for joining me today, Dreams! I’m thrilled to get started, and to get to know you more. Like your brother, you were thrown out of your home and forced to find your way back without the use of the powers - which were taken away from you when you were banished, correct?
Yeah. 
How did you feel about it at the time? Wasn’t too happy ‘bout it to start out but, I mean, it’s cool now. You know, it kinda worked out for the best in the end.
Right. So, your younger brother controls endings. What do you control?
Uh . . . dreams.
Be a little more specific, could you? Sure, I guess. I control all sorts of dreams. The kind at night, the kind that makes you go after your passions, the kind that makes you think of that big mansion you'll get one day or the family you'll have. You know, whatever.
Do you enjoy your work? Yeah! Lots of cool things I can do with this power. I'm lucky to have it.
How do you get along with your family?
Pretty good. I mean, Endings and I've always had our arguments and stuff, but since the trip he’s been a little more likable, you know? Everyone else’s great, too.
Do you have a sibling you spend the most time with? Probably my older bro, Time. We’re total opposites, but we get along okay. My brother Life’s cool, too, but I mostly hang out with Time.
How old are you?
Little older than Endings?
Thanks for that enlightening information . . .If you could go back Deerdren all over again, and repeat the experience the exact same way, would you?

Maybe. For the most part I got my fill of it the first time and I'm not so sure I'd want to go through it all again. We met some good people and all, but I’m not so sure I want to go back the same way we did before. I’m good with looking at it from my house.
Oh, right! Where’s your palace situated? One of the four moons. I can see Father’s place from mine.
How would you react if you were put in a situation where you could die?
Eh, no use stressing about it. It’ll work out okay.
Have you ever been in a life and death situation? Because, for the most part, that’s not how actual people react when put in that place . . . Yeah, I’ve been in some. Like I said, it’ll all be good. No worries, dude. I mean, worrying doesn't make the situation any better, does it?
Well, I guess not . . . Do you have any hobbies?
Oh man, I love playing the guitar. 


What do you like about it? Keeps me calm. Gives me something to focus on when I’m getting kinda stressed, you know?
Do you think you changed at all over the course of your time on Deerdren?
Oh, yeah. We all did. We learned to live with each other better, and I figured out Endings isn’t all that bad. We all get along better now, even if it isn't perfect 24/7.
Why didn’t you get along before? . . . Reasons that were . . . well, to be honest, they were pretty dumb. I held some stuff against him that I, ah, I just really shouldn’t have. On Deerdren, I realized I was being a jerk. We hang out more since coming back, cause I’ve stopped focusing on what he did, and he’s forgiven me for, uh, being so . . . stupid.
You know, I, uh, I really hate to break it off so soon and all, but I’ve got work to do. See you later, guys!
Right. Thanks for stopping by, Dreams!

What do you think of Dreams? What about his personality stands out to you? Tell me in the comments below or on my Facebook page, Julia Witmer, Author!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grace's Corner of the World: Why We Won't Be Celebrating Halloween This Year/50th Post

To start off - THIS IS OFFICIALLY MY FIFTIETH POST!!! I'm so excited! Thank all of you for supporting me and reading my blogs, and know that I couldn't have gotten this far without every single one of you. I look forward to seeing you and talking to you more and more as I continue to write these posts! And now onto "Why We Won't Be Celebrating Halloween This Year" . . . A lot of Christians don't celebrate Halloween, and I respect their decision, but I, personally, LOVE Halloween. It's one of my absolute favorite holidays (besides Christmas, which obviously comes first because it's just so amazing). I mean, you get free candy and people don't look at you weird for putting on a costume. I could do a whole post about how weird the idea of Halloween is - I mean, all it is is that you aren't technically trespassing on someone's lawn when you go up to their door and bang on it, begging for sweets while dressed like some sort of fict

Girl Talk: Makeup

I recently got my first tube of lipstick. I was very excited, as I see makeup the same was as I see colored pencils - it's nowhere close to easy, but the process is enjoyable and fun, and it usually turns out pretty in the end (unless I totally mess up and have to start all over). The lipstick I got is a brighter color than I thought it was going to be, but I like it all the same. (lightish style) My little sister doesn't seem too thrilled with the development. Jokingly, she calls it red (although I am CONVINCED it's just a bright/deep pink), and says things like "oh, you don't need it! Why are you wearing it?!"  Since all of her comments are in jest, I take no offense at them. I play along and I laugh, and I pretend to defend myself as if I really care. But the more she does it, the more I realize that girls have to face this in real life all the time. People tell you things like "that color's not good on you" or " way too muc

Sunshine Blogger Tag

Melissa Gravitis tagged me in the Sunshine Blogger Tag! I’m so excited – it’s the first tag that I’ve participated in. Thanks for tagging me, Melissa!     The rules are pretty simple: #1: Answer the 11 questions from your nominee #2: Tag 11 bloggers #3: Ask them 11 new questions I don’t know if you’re as thrilled about this as I am, but I’m too pumped up to stall anymore. Let’s get on with it! 1) Did anything 'spark' your passion (writing, reading, art, etc.) or did it come on gradually?                  It was more of a gradual thing for me. But, I think it was when I began reading that I slowly realized books actually came from somewhere and didn’t just magically appear. Then I decided I could do it, too! 2) If a library was on fire and you could only save three of its books, which three would you choose?      Oh, goodness. I’d probably say 1) Lost Girl of Astor Street , 2) Gregor the Overlander, the Prophecy of Bane , (book 2 in the series. It was